Dawn - Sometimes An Ultrarunner

Dawn - Sometimes An Ultrarunner

July 1, 2015

Practice Flight: Gaisberg to the Dachstein

For my birthday I had a practice flight at the Gaisberg above Salzburg.  It was a hot stable day and really hard to get away from launch.  It took a while, but I was able to make my way to the Dachstein!  I even avoided going into airspace.  If only I will be able to do this again for the race when it starts on July 5.....  Weather is looking hot and stable for the race so we might be hot but at least it won't rain for a while :)  

Flying above the Dachstein was amazing...lots of snow and rock and very forbidding territory.   I figured by these couple hours of flying, I saved myself 15 hours of walking.  Pretty good reason to keep flying!  

I was also trying out my new camera, the Garmin Virb.  I've had it attached to my foot, but my biggest fear is dropping it out of my pod from 1000 meters high....  






No comments:

Post a Comment