Dawn - Sometimes An Ultrarunner

Dawn - Sometimes An Ultrarunner

November 22, 2012

Wensleydale Wedge, 18 Nov 2012

Since the Nidderdale LDWA is my local club, for the Wensleydale Wedge this year, I officially becaome a volunteer.  We arrived early at the hall to help set up, and I had a few minutes to help with registrations.  Then I was whisked away to the first checkpoint to mark down numbers as people raced through...most of the 260 entries came through in about 40 minutes and it was a riot. 

I spent the rest of the day as a sweeper at the back of the pack, making sure that signs were taken down and all the entrants made it through the checkpoints. We had a radioman from Raynet there to keep track of everyone and make sure that all entrants got back safe and sound to the hall.  It was a rather slow pace, to be sure, but that gave me time to mess around with my camera, take some photos and even a time lapse.  Plus it was a lovely day. 

A short video of the day is below... Rob has recently been learning how to compile videos.  I must say he has outdone himself on this, really his first attempt.   Makes everything I've done look like a 10 year-old threw it together...  Guess I'm out of a job, aw, shucks!   Check it out...great sense of musical timing.



It was absolutely dark by the time we finished...I managed to resist pulling out my headlamp only because a nice chap I was walking with provided enough light for both of us.  Plus we had such a great conversation going that the time went quickly.   The best part of all...I managed to keep my feet dry the whole day!














No comments:

Post a Comment