Dawn - Sometimes An Ultrarunner

Dawn - Sometimes An Ultrarunner

October 8, 2010

Pathfinder Challenge 15 mi. 9 Oct 2010

I completed a 15 miler on Saturday with a new friend I met at the Tuesday evening interval run in Harrogate. Helene dragged me around the moors at a fairly fast clip, and by the end of it I was struggling to keep up. Fifteen miles seemed to be an appropriate distance the week before the Round Rotherham 50 miler, but after some fast runs and bikes during the days before, it was a few miles too far. I determined to take it very easy the rest of the week, to be well rested for Rotherham.

The run itself was mostly over the North Yorkshire Moors, and I’m sure the views would have been beautiful if it hadn’t been so foggy. I was very happy to see a well-stocked checkpoint midway through the run. I swear the table under the tent was almost sagging with the amount of home-baked goodies on offer. I probably would have gotten delayed at the checkpoint much longer sampling the wares, but Helene and her friend Cath, following us via bicycle, were itching to get moving again. The paths were pretty dry and runable, so we finished in just under 3 hours, which was fast for me and probably just a walk in the park for Helene.

No comments:

Post a Comment